VMD plugin: ERROR) Creation of window for 'emc_gui' failed: Windows 10 install

I currently am trying to add EMC plug-in for VMD. I have VMD version 1.9.4a53 (Tcl8.6.10 / Tk8.6.10), EMC emc_win32_v9.4.4_20220801, and Perl version v5.32.1. I have followed all environmental variables/paths in the README of the EMC root directory and also added the command in the VMD resource file. Running on Windows 10 64-bit. When opening VMD extensions EMC is there and the Text editor works, however, the GUI fails with the following message:

ERROR) Creation of window for ‘emc_gui’ failed (wrong # args: should be “dict exists dictionary key ?key …?”).

Could you point me in the right direction to solve this issue? Also, I have tried VMD 1.9.3 and an emc version from 2021, but the same error exists with that combination as well.

Could you give the full TCL error output including line numbers indicating where things go wrong. Attaching this output here as a file will help this thread to be more readable. Thanks in advance!

Yes, I can. Here is the copy and paste of the TCL error output (I am a new user of matsci.org and it wouldn’t let me upload a file since I am to new to matsci.org):

wrong # args: should be “dict exists dictionary key ?key …?”
while executing
“dict exists $d {*}$keys”
(procedure “::EMC::gui::dictnlappend” line 4)
invoked from within
“::EMC::gui::dictnlappend ::EMC::gui::fields $field items $name”
(procedure “::EMC::gui::GetForceFieldNames” line 18)
invoked from within
“::EMC::gui::GetForceFieldNames”
(procedure “::EMC::gui::initialize” line 4)
invoked from within
“::EMC::gui::initialize”
(procedure “::EMC::gui::emc_gui” line 13)
invoked from within
“::EMC::gui::emc_gui”
(procedure “emc_gui_tk” line 2)
invoked from within
“emc_gui_tk”

Thank you for your bug report. I will have to look into this.